Monday, July 25, 2016

Beauty is in the Gloss of the Acrylic!

     Being part of the military (Yes. Spouses count too) I have had  to move every 3 years or so. 

     And as much as I love to visit new places and meet new people there are some things that I do NOT look forward to.

     Finding a good nail salon is (ugh) one of them!!

     I had been on the island of Oahu for 3-4 months scouring through social media trying to find a nail salon near me when I saw a Yelp review that caught my eye...



     I have been coming to Diamond Nails for almost a year and I LOVE it!!

     They are located on Salt Lake Boulevard at a reasonable distance from my house.



     As soon as I walked in they welcomed me in and asked what services I wanted. I met many of the nail technicians and they are all very nice.

     They all gave me a sense of family and that they had been working together for a long time...

     Steven, my main nail tech guy, is very warm and funny. He calls me his "very best friend". It's hilarious and there's a story behind it...

     One day, as he was doing my nails, we were discussing different techniques and how I wanted my nails shaped. He completely stopped and looked at me.

     He opened his mouth and said, "I do for you whatever you want...You're my very best friend!"

     I laughed so hard that tears came to my eyes and that has been my nickname ever since!



     Ahhh....the pedicure. I love getting them because I'm very conscious about how my feet look. I have been this way since college and I don't think I'll be changing any time soon...(lol)



     If you've ever gotten a pedicure you know how important that massage at the end is...

     I always close my eyes to get a better feel of what the person is doing and Steven is great at massaging my tired and sore feet. This is one of the things I look for when deciding on my salon of choice.



     Another good point is that Steven doesn't look at me crazy when I ask for different colors on my toes or strange polish patterns.

He just smiles and makes suggestions based on what I want and makes my toes look pretty! 



     I am a major klutz (I can dance...not walk). So, in order to counter that a bit I changed my acrylic needs (about 4 years ago) to colored acrylic

     It still looks like polish but it doesn't chip or fade...

     I had been looking specifically for a salon that had colored acrylics and in Hawaii its called Boogie Nights


     And Diamond Nails has this service!!!



     So if you're looking for a new salon or want to give mine a try Diamond Nails is the place to go!!!


Tell Steven that his "very best friend" sent you!! (HA!)


No comments:

Post a Comment