Monday, July 4, 2016

Wayne Brady LIVE @ the Hawaii Theatre Center!

     My Husband Joe and I have extremely similar senses of humor and once we get rolling you can hear us from a mile away (more me than him but you get the idea).

     So it was no great surprise (apparently not for Joe either even though it was supposed to be) that I got us tickets to see Wayne Brady this past Friday, July 1st.


     First thank you to Deep Promotions and Hawaii Theatre Center for bringing Wayne to us here on Oahu!

I know that Hawaii Theatre always has different events and after almost a year I was able to attend one! (YAY!)

     Hawaii Theatre Center has a Miyazakisan Film Festival starting this Friday, July 8th!

   

     I was sitting in the lobby and the doors to the theatre opened! I couldn't go in quite yet...

     I had forgotten money for the parking attendant and My Ookie graciously (?) went to the nearest ATM so that we wouldn't have to waste time after the show.


     We were finally in our seats awaiting the arrival of the funny one...Wayne Brady


     Hawaii Theatre Center is a grand ol gal of a theatre! She has personality and yet very intimate!

     There were a lot of couples around us and everyone's excitement grew and grew until the show started!

     If you're a fan of "Whose Line is it Anyway?" you missed out on a once in a lifetime experience because that's exactly how the show went!

     Hearing Wayne Brady sing "Sweet Tapeworm" to Prince's "Purple Rain" as the "Szeniths" to his show! Pure awesomeness!


     After we exited the theatre and were able to disappear from the herd we made our way to Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ for a late night dinner!


     This is my favorite Japanese restaurant in all of Oahu! Every time I come in I'm never rushed, always get great service, and yummy food! (YUM!)  


     Since it was late on a Friday night Gyu-Kaku was packed! 

     Our waiter Thomas was a delight but I don't think they told him that we had been seated so we had to wait a little longer than usual...but he apologized profusely and took our order quickly.

     I had told Thomas "no mayo" for my Fried Cheese Wontons...but he forgot... did I mention it was PACKED?


     Poor Thomas! Still, the salad was tangy and delicious, the meat we BBQ'ed was tender and juicy, and the rice...well...you see?


     Friday, July 1st, 2016 has been deemed Top 5 for best Sashily/Joe dates! (I counted the votes myself!)

       We laughed until it hurt (and were shushed by our neighbors) and ate till we burst (just ask Thomas!).

    Wayne Brady and Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ a perfectly matched evening...


No comments:

Post a Comment