Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Confessions of a Karaoke Addict!

     I absolutely LOVE to sing! My family has always had a grand affair when it comes to music and I am no exception... (Edwin "Haviken Hayes" Guerra and David "Still Diligent" Jimenez).

     I have been singing since I was 3 years old (entertaining my Abuela mostly) and have been participating in choirs all throughout my school life.

     Although I am not classically trained I have a great ear and I am definitely my own harshest critic (sometimes I sing songs I like not that I do well..HA!). 

     I have a lot of friends who enjoy singing (WannaB's Karaoke Family), teach music (LaJuan E. Lee), or are professional artists (Don Green, Brent CharlesDiaz Mussalimov, and Tiffa G.). 

     I especially love to hear the voices of those who can sing what I cannot (Crystal Frazier...those damn high notes!).   

Hispanic Heritage Month Performance
     Since coming to Hawaii I've been hitting all the local karaoke spots! I've been to Karaoke Hut, Blue Ribbon, Shorebird Restaurant, Above Ultra Lounge, The Spot Karaoke, Bronco Cafe, and a few others... (heehee)

Blue Ribbon
     Yet...if I can't get my fix I let my fingers do the walking and open up my Smule App on my Iphone (yay!). It's a great way to practice and sing with people from all around the world

     You can sing by yourself, as a duet, or in a group and the talent you find on Smule varies from the amateur to the professional...plus it has all these cool effects!

SMULE

Back to Black
Creep!
Preparing...
     Now, I'm narrowing down a list of songs for a Karaoke Contest at the end of April! I'll let you guys know how it goes! (Wish me luck!).

No comments:

Post a Comment