Thursday, March 10, 2016

Live! On KPRP Pinoy Power 650 AM...Who knew?

     Since I landed in Oahu I have felt a great sense of ohana with all my island brothers and sisters. 

     Learning the local culture and cuisine, the Do's and Don'ts of island living...even the bus routes on "Da Bus" has been a tremendous learning experience...yet, what better way to get more info on the happenings around and about Hawaii than KPRP 650AM Pinoy Power!


Entering the Station
      I am very fortunate to have met Sunny Aloha who is DJ Personality extraordinaire, fountain of Oahu information, and a great person to talk to. It was on Sunny's show that I learned who she was and I was overjoyed to share who I am with her and all the viewers on UStream around the world!  


That's Sunny!

     We had tremendous fun on Sunny's show and I shared about my blog, that I'm a freelance writer, my addiction of KDramas, and how I love to immerse myself in the culture that I'm in. 

Funny Moments
    
     We spoke about the traveling that I have done (and continue to do) throughout the interview and that I am fully bilingual (Spanish/English) which took Sunny by surprise!

     I told Sunny that I had already made it to a couple of Salsa and Bachata dance nights here in Oahu! (Sunny says that she can't get to them too often but she might go with me!) 

Really?
     As the program came to a close Sunny encouraged me to say goodbye to everyone (local and worldwide) for the wonderful hour I was able to talk about who I am and what I can do. I am grateful to Sunny and KPRP 650AM for the privilege of being on air and I hope to do much more in the future.

Tune in and find out!

This is Sashily Kling signing off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment