Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Fine Dining with a French Twist!

     My Husband walked into our bedroom and announced, "our reservations are at eight p.m.! We should leave at seven if we want to beat the traffic." He raised his eyebrow and walked out of our room with a flourish.

     Ever since we started dating we would surprise each other with small adventures and date nights. We have been married for almost 15 years and that has not changed. So, when he made his grand announcement I giggled at him and started to get ready.

Date Night
    
     We drove down to Waikiki and stopped at the Halekulani Hotel on the beach.  As we walked through the hotel the night breezes brought the sweet tropical scents that encouraged the palate.

   We had arrived. My Husband's surprise was a restaurant called: 
"La Mer
    
     We were seated by french windows looking out over the ocean. The scenery was beautiful and the atmosphere subdued.

Our View
 
 Menus had come and gone and we waited with high anticipation for the food to arrive!


     I started with the Beef Tartare, Heart of Palm, Watercress Purée and Aquitaine Caviar. While my Husband tried the Pork Trotter Ravioli and Artichoke Velouté


Appetizers
    
     Both were exquisite! The Beef Tartar was tender and spicy. It had a well-rounded flavor which played well with the Heart of Palm and Watercress. The Pork Trotter Ravioli was zesty and the Velouté was creamy.

     For my main entree I chose the Filet of Beef, Foie Gras, Truffle Mousseline, Pommes Soufflés, and a Sauce Périgueux. My Husband ordered the Seared Lamb Loin and Spiced Shoulder Confit, Chickpeas Purée, with a Raisin Lamb Jus.


Main Course
     
     I had never had Foie Gras before and I could not really appreciate it. Regardless my Filet was tender enough to cut with a fork and the sauce and mashed potatoes divine! The Lamb was spicy and I fell in love with the Au Jus.

     As we were finishing our entrees the waiter came by with the dessert menu...Oh My Goodness!!!


Dessert!
      
     I had the Souffle! But it wasn't a normal Souffle it was a Hawaiian Vanilla Soufflé with Makaya Dark Chocolate Chips, Coconut, Mango, Spiced Rum Sauces! (three different sauces for my dessert!) and my Husband chose the Peanut Butter Mont Blanc with a Raspberry and Hibiscus Essence and Blackberry Gelato.

     One word...YUM! My Souffle was lighter than air and melted in my mouth! My Husband's Gelato was good but the Raspberry packed a punch (I am not a fan). All in all it was wonderful ending to a fantastic meal...Oh! and not to be outdone they brought us an assortment of after dinner sweets to send us off with full bellies and warm hearts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment