Monday, May 9, 2016

ComiCons a Way of Life!

     Whether it was partnering and solving crimes with the Dark Knight, running through the forests with Wolverine to kick some butt, fighting the denizens of hell with Daimon Hellstrom or discovering the mysteries of the universe with Sandman I love and have grown up with a great love for all things comic!

     What better way to celebrate my comic affliction with my family than The Amazing Hawaii Comic Con!

Made it!
    
     We hadn't even left the parking area when my son, Yorick, spotted his first cos-player! (people who dress as their favorite characters/superheroes) 

     These mighty cos-players were dressed as Rose Quartz and Greg Universe from the "Steven Universe" animated series which was created by Rebecca Sugar and it was the first show Cartoon Network produced in which the creator was a woman! (Yay!)

Rose Quartz and Greg Universe
   
     LOL..."I Ain't afraid of no Ghost!" ran through my head as we found this childhood memory (for me...sigh) as we took another step closer to the Comic Con.

Who You Gonna Call...?
 
  
     As we made our way into the Comic Con we saw familiar faces and a variety of story lines. Yatniel and Yared spotted the Storm Trooper and ran over to grab a photo.(I asked if they were looking for new recruits but they just laughed...I was serious...!)

Off to Imperial Storm Trooper Academy...
     
     Seeing so many fellow comic enthusiast was amazing! Being able to share the experience with my children was unforgettable...making my 8 year old, Yorick, stand next to Ghost Rider...PRICELESS! (ha!)

Hawaiian John Blaze...?
    
     The highlight of the day was meeting and taking a photo with the Legend himself...Stan Lee! Even if my kids don't realize how much of a historic event it was to meet him we will always have this photo and the incredible adventure of the The Amazing Hawaii Comic Con!

The Great Stan Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment